One of the very best, limited ingredient, gluten free, dairy free (use parchment paper instead of greasing the pan with butter), grain free desserts I have ever sunk my teeth into. Just try not to overdo it on the serving size 😉
My husband has been whipping this up (for us) approx. every other weekend. We also bring it for dessert whenever we go to a friend’s home for dinner (unless they are allergic to nuts, of course!). It is UH-MAZE-ZING.
Prep and Cool time: 40 mins | Cook time: 40 mins | Total time: 1 hour 20 mins | Yield: 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9-inch glass pie plate with a circle of parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey and vanilla extract.
- Gradually whisk in the almond flour and cacoa powder.
- Finally, whisk in the salt and baking soda. Batter will be fairly thin.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until center is set, and a toothpick inserted in it comes out clean, 30-35 minutes.
- Cool the cake on a cooling rack until it reaches room temperature, about 30 minutes, then slice and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1⁄8 cake | Calories: 201 | Fat: 10g | Saturated fat: 2g | Carbohydrates: 24g | Sugar: 18g | Sodium: 191mg | Fiber: 3g | Protein: 7g